In some cases, patients may be told that they are not suitable for dental implants because they have reduced bone density in their upper jaw. Luckily, thanks to advances in implant dentistry these patients can now benefit from a type of implant that provides an excellent alternative to bone grafting or sinus lift procedures and is surgically less invasive with a high success rate. Through many clinical investigations it was discovered that zygomatic bone in the upper jaw has a dense quality and acceptable bone volume for implants.
- Zygomatic implants are used to provide support for implant bridgework where there has been a substantial amount of bone lost from the upper jaw and ordinary dental implants cannot be used on their own to support a bridge.
- Zygomatic implants are longer than ordinary implants, placed inside the bulk of bone that forms the cheekbone.
- For most procedures two zygomatic implants are used, along with a few ordinary implants. This state-of-the-art treatment involves 3D scanning and the use of advanced treatment software that maps out the surgery on a computer for maximum safety and accuracy.
- Notice a dramatic improvement in the appearance of your smile.
- Enjoy restored function and eat all types of food with ease.
- Feel more confident about your teeth and smile in public.